Sunday, September 13, 2009

History Part 1

It starts in 1989. I was 19 years old and working at a convenience store in Philadelphia. Almost every night this handsome woman came into my store. Sometimes she came in work clothes but it was her casual wear that caught my eye. She wore boots... proudly wore boots and damn if I didn't notice. One night I actually found the guts to ask her out and she said yes. She was a leather woman who wound up taking me in and helping me get what is now a 20 year career. We were very private and she stepped away completely from public leather with the goal of sheltering me (yea right). She taught me the core values and ethics that I have to this day. I had no idea at the time what leather was about and upon our separating I went onto my mundane life.


I found rodeo in 1992 when I went to and wound up competing at the very first Atlantic Stampede Rodeo in Maryland. I went from leather to levi. I joined the Atlantic States Gay Rodeo Association and have been competing ever since. In 2005 I brought my love of rodeo to Philadelphia by creating the Liberty Gay Rodeo Association and we have now had 2 successful rodeo's called the Liberty Stampede.


No comments:

Post a Comment